Friday, November 7, 2008

Introducing the Premack's Principle

So many of you have given me the feedback that you would like for me to blog more about study tips so here I am to tell you about the Premack's Principle.

Many of you who are in psychology may have heard of this but for those of you who have not, the Premack's Principle basically suggests that we should tackle a list of tasks in the order of most challenging to least challenging. This way, the "easier" task becomes a reward for the more challenging tasks we have to do. I know I know, the "easier" task is not really a reward like ice cream but it's still a good way to motivate ourselves.

Like grandma have always said, "you have to eat your veggies before you can have your dessert!"

So far, this little trick has been doing a good job in motivating me to tackle my calculus homework. I hope it does the same magic for you.

Also, do you have any good study tips to share? Be sure to leave me a comment. Thanks in advance!

Good luck studying,
ACE

No comments: