Thursday, November 13, 2008

To drop or not to drop a course???

I'm not doing so well on my first year calculus course, and the last date to drop the course from academic record is this Sunday (November 16). I went to the "Should I drop this course or not?" seminar today and here are some questions that helped me to make a decision.
  • Is this course a pre or co-requisite for a course I'm registered for the winter term?
  • If I keep the course, will it affect my academic standing?
  • What kinds of resources can I use to improve my mark?
  • I'm falling behind in the course, will keeping this course prevent me from spending enough time on my other courses?
  • If I drop this course how will it affect my GPA (use the GPA calculator)?
  • Will this course affect my chance of applying to Professional or Graduate school?
If you are having difficulty deciding, drop by the AACC (Room AC213) and talk to the staff. I'm sure they can help.

No comments: