Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goals, got any?

Welcome back everyone! I hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable break. New year, new semester, and I know for many including myself, that means new goals. Let's be honest here, I have not been the greatest at achieving my goals so I'm taking a new approach this year. I'm going to make my goals SMART.

SMART Goal is:

Specific

Measurable

Attainable

Realistic

Timely

And my SMART goal for this year is:

I am going to complete my e-portfolio by the end of this term so I have something to present to potential employers by attending all six of the weekly E-Portfolio workshops starting on January 20th.

Specific? Who? me. What? Start my e-portfolio. When? Starting on January 20th for 6 weeks and for 2 hours each week. Why? So I'll have my very own e-portfolio to show future potential employers.

Measurable? Yes, I have to attend 6 out of the 6 sessions available.

Attainable? Definitely, 2 hours for 6 weeks. I can do this!

Realistic? For sure, this is something I really want to do. I am very able and willing to do it!

Timely? Giving myself plenty of time to complete my e-portfolio by the end of this term.

If you're interesting in learning more about SMART goals, read this great website.

If you're interesting in joining me and completing your e-portfolio this term, sign up on the Intranet.

Best of luck in this new term.

ACE

No comments: