Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Get involved...and earn extra money!

Want to get involved on campus, but never had the opportunity to or found the right activity? Well I want to inform you of the Get Started Coach with the Get Started Program.

If you're looking for a position that's energetic, highly-interpersonal, and interactive, being a Get Started Coach offers this and much more! The Academic Advising & Career Centre is hiring up to 15 coaches for these part time positions.

This is a great opportunity for upper year students to get involved on campus and earn some extra money while doing it!

This is a position that requires a positive outlook, humour, and a willingness to engage with others. As a Coach, this program will offer you an opportunity to be a campus leader, shaping your skills and taking it to the next level by putting you to the test - each day is an opportunity to positively influence a student's transition into university.

Applications are due FRIDAY MARCH 5TH at 12NOON. Please submit your cover letter, resume and a copy of the job posting to AC213.

Please see the website below for a copy of the job posting.
http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~getstarted/jobdescription.pdf


Sandra
- 2008 & 2009 Coach
Get Started gave me the opportunity to work alongside fantastic campus leaders, and become a mentor for incoming students by sharing my university experience. Make a positive influence, become a better public speaker, and have a fantastic summer meeting new people everyday. Hope to see you at Get Started 2010!


FRAN
- Attended in 2008
My name is Fran and I attended Get Started in my first year. It was a great experience for me and it allowed me to make friends and meet new people. I also learned everything I needed to be a successful student!

Apply to be a Get Started Coach! Not only can you get involved on campus but you can help a student's transition into university!

No comments: